The man behind the Cage
- spartankinggreen
- Sacramento, California, United States
- My name is Blake, but some people call me Cage. I am a filmmaker and youtuber. I think way too much for my own good. Many know me, but few truely understand what goes on in my mind. This blog is an easy way to express myself without limitations.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Finding the Turning Point
I have been doing this documentary for a while and after over 3 months, I am almost done. I have been asking myself what I need and what to do next. There is always a sense of "more" that needs to be in the film. There needs to be more drama and more longing and more emotion. I think I finally found the emotional part of the film that has been missing: my father. I put off that interview for a while and it occurred to me while I was interviewing him that his side of the whole story is what I needed this whole time to raise the tension and emotion. His interview is the other side of the story that is closest to the subject then any of us could be, and through that, I think I can grab the audience and draw them in more where I needed it. It is hard filming this for personal reasons because I have to see all the good and all the bad and I just have to stand there in film when the bad happens or when things get intense. Hopefully all my family and I are going through will pay off soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment